The perfect pair of jeans, the holy grail of a man’s casual wardrobe. Denim can be dressed up……dressed down….and worn to pretty much any event short of a black-tie gathering.
But many men seem to carry it in a way that it rather become a malfunction, so here I have listed a few styles on how to wear a denim jeans according to your type.
Why do so many men find it difficult to find the perfect jeans here are 3 Reasons
- A lack of understanding of what jeans look good on their body
- A lack of suitable styles available when they make the selection
- Confusion about the style details such as weight, wash, and detailing.
There are basically 5 Common Denim Fits Available For Men:
Jeans are marked with labels like skinny, slim or straight – these are an indication of the body type the jeans are designed for.
- Skinny – The latest addition to the jeans family, this style is a tighter fit with a tapered leg opening, usually low to mid-rise with a zipper fly. Skinny from hip to hem.
- Slim – Not too tight, not too loose, generally mid-rise with a zip fly. It is Straight through the hip, slim through the thigh with a narrower leg opening.
- Regular – Straight leg jeans, generally with a mid-rise, the trouser leg falls straight from the knee to hem, with a fairly large leg opening. Straight through hip and thigh.
- Relaxed – A loose fit from the waist to the leg opening, relaxed cut denim is not going to hug any part of your body.
- Loose – A baggy fit. The roomiest fit of jeans provides plenty of space in the thighs, legs and butt for men who need it.
Apart from picking the style, two other important consideration for purchasing the right denim pants are the rise of the jeans and sizing.
The rise is the measurement from the crotch to the top of the waistband. The basic rises in men’s jeans are – high rise, mid rise, low rise and low crotch.
- High rise jeans- are great for bigger guys. It’s best to avoid tucking in your shirt with high rise jeans. Worn above the belly button.
- Medium or mid rise jeans- are great for men who prefer to tuck their shirts into their pants. The waistband skims the belly button.
- Low rise jeans- offer a casual fit and appear a more relaxed appearance. Worn below the belly button.
- Low crotch jeans -are worn low on the waist. These are drop-crotch pants, a style is saggy at the hips, seat, and rear.
THE PERFECT JEANS FOR YOUR BODY TYPE:
- THIN MEN- Straight leg jeans with a low rise that flatters your slender build. They are roomy without drawing attention to your undefined legs. Avoid wearing wide leg and baggy jeans will look too loose on you also Skinny jeans that will make you look even slimmer. They tend to be too roomy – creating a sloppy appearance and draw attention to your skinny legs and High rise jeans will make your bum look flat.
- ATHLETIC MEN- athletic man has a slim waist with muscular legs and buttocks. Justify the hard work in the gym by wearing jeans that accentuate your toned body. Wear Slim fit, straight leg and boot cut jeans suit athletic men. Low rise styles are better than high rise ones. Pockets on the jeans should be small and wider set – to show off your toned bum. Avoid wearing Baggy jeans that hide the form of your body and Regular fits with wide legs are going to create an imbalance by making your legs appear larger in comparison to your upper body.
- MUSCULAR MEN- Wear A regular fit with a wider leg looks best on muscular men. This style accentuates the toned body. Pockets should be large, close together and deep. These pockets will make your behind look smaller. Avoid Boot cut jeans – the flare will make you look heavier also Too tight, skinny jeans that leave nothing to the imagination and make your muscles appear bulkier.
- WIDE HIPS- Men with large hips require an equal leg width from hip to hem. The typical soccer player body – thick and wide legs with a hip that is wider than the waist. whereas having them sit a bit higher creates a more even, streamlined look from the bellybutton on down. Wear Relaxed-fit jeans one size up to get a comfortable fit so your jeans don’t stretch across your groin. Straight-leg jeans with a high rise maintain an equal width from the hips to the hem. Loose jeans with a wide leg and seat offer a comfortable option for a casual appearance. Avoid Skinny or tapered and low rise jeans.
- LARGE WAIST- The plus size man has a wide midsection as well as large thighs, buttocks and calves. High rise jeans flatten the midsection and tuck in buttocks and thighs Wear Loose fitting jeans are best – straight cut with wide and Relaxed jeans. Avoid skinny and slim fit jeans. A slim leg silhouette creates an exaggerated imbalance in your appearance. Your upper body will loom large over the tight-fitting pants. Flared or boot cut jeans they will make your legs look wider.